Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Oasis of the Sea's









July 14th.


It is so hard to believe that it is the middle of July, this has been a crazy summer.  The highlight of my summer was most certainly going with my daughter to Fort. Lauderdale and spending a couple days their before walking on the most amazing ship, the Royal Caribbean's "Oasis of the Sea's".  As we walked on the ship I felt a hint of emotion, though I would never admit this.


Our trip started with two days in Fort. Lauderdale, we had fun swimming in the Ocean and the infinity pool, we ate at several great restaurants on the beach and also spent a few hours getting manicures and pedicures.


Oasis of the Seas




We arrived on the ship and honestly it was so enormous I felt like I was in the Mall of America.  There were so many people it was crazy.  Once we got to our state room we were greeted by our sweet room attendant.  The room was incredible and I believe the one thing that is really important when you go on a cruise is to have a ocean view balcony.  It was glorious. (see picture below, St. Thomas from our balcony)


I provided much entertainment on Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas when I tried to pet an iguana that was sitting next to me.  It was looking at me with these sad puppy dog eyes so I reached down to pet it and it grabbed a hold of my middle finger and would not let go, it was like a piranha.  I guess I tasted kind of good to him.  He wouldn't leave me the entire time I was at the beach, everyone was freaking out over this little guy, no matter how hard I tried to get rid of him, he wouldn't leave my side.



A picture of Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas



We left Sapphire Beach to check out Coki Beach, I believe this has to be the most beautiful beach in St. Thomas.



St. Maarten's Orient Bay was probably the high light of our trip, we had the best time, the water was so clear and it was fun playing in the waves.  The only problem was at this beach bathing suits were optional.  Can you imagine an 80 year old man walking with a cane and wearing nothing?  


Royal Caribbean is the cruise ship to choose, they do everything possible, going out of their way to make sure that you have the best trip possible.  My one struggle with being on this ship is that I don't know how I could go on another cruise after having the best.





  


No comments:

Post a Comment